Hacking is the activity of identifying weaknesses in a computer system or a network to exploit the security to gain access to personal data or business data. An example of computer hacking can be: using a password cracking algorithm to gain access to a computer system.
Programming knowledge is a must obviously.
Learn Python,PHP,JS,HTML&CSS 🚀
- Basic knowledge about HTML,CSS&JS is must.
- Learn any server side language like Python,PHP or Ruby.
- If you want to code your own exploits, learn C.
💡 The python book Learn python3: the hardway is a good resource.
Install and setup stuffs 🚧
Things you need and need not.
- A 🖥️ running any linux based OS ✔️ (You can also use windows, but it sucks.)
- A 🧠 to think ✔️
- Kali linux ❗ (even ubuntu will do the work)
- Problem solving skills ✔️
- Investigation oriented mind ✔️
🌝 Only do this if you have plans to learn. First learn, then earn. There will be some time you may find yourself lost.
Next steps (recommended)
Do the following to take learning to the next level
Learn to code your own tools.
Programming your own tools is best step to become leet from noob. You will learn a lot in this process about security related concepts.
Read Books. 📖
- Web application hackers handbook
- Web hacking 101
- Mastering modern web pen testing
- Bug Bounty Playbook
- Real World Bug Hunting
- OWASP Testing Guide
Watch youtube channels related to this field.
- Live Overflow
- Bug Crowd
- Open Security Training
- John Hammond
Tools needed 🛠️
Bug bounty platforms
Final notes 📝
* PATIENCE IS THE KEY, takes years to master, don’t fall for overnight success * Do not expect someone will spoon feed you everything. * Confidence * Not always for bounty, money isn't everything * Learn a lot * Won’t find at the beginning, don’t lose hope * Stay focused * Depend on yourself * Stay updated with InfoSec world